Coronavirus is a deadly disease that has become an epidemic on a global level. Initially found in China, the people there are most affected by it and it has soon spread all over the world. The cases of Coronavirus are going on increasing per second, which is a serious issue to think!
Here is all the necessary information on Coronavirus that a person needs to know.
What is Coronavirus?
They are a group of viruses that causes respiratory tract infections that are typically benign, like a common cold. It has become an ongoing global outbreak all over the world. According to the latest update, more than 98,000 cases have been confirmed, of which 7,100 has been classified as serious. A total of 90 countries and territories have been affected, with major outbreaks in Central China, South Korea, Italy, and Iran.
It is a serious thing to worry as more than 3300 people have already died, collectively in China and other countries. Though the prevention has already in the process, the risk factors are on its top!
Symptoms of the Deadly Disease
The symptoms of the disease have ranged from benign to serious illness, and can also cause death.
Below are some of the common symptoms that may appear to a victim:
- Breath reduction or breathing difficulties
They get transmitted between animals and people as well. Some other signs which can be observed due to this include respiratory systems. Many of the witnesses of the cases include pneumonia, respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and death too. It takes 2-14 days after the disclosure for symptoms to expand.
What are the causes?
Coronavirus can spread from human to human. COVID-19 can extend through the contract with body fluid. If you touch an infected person and then touching your hand or mouth, there are risks of its cause too.
How it gets diagnosed? Get a consultation from your doctor on an immediate basis, if you notice any symptoms of COVID-19! You may also advise getting confined to halt the spread of infection.
How to protect yourself from this?
Researches for the treatment have been made so that we can get rid of this deadly disease. However, the best way to prevent this ailment is to escape being exposed to this virus.
Here are some steps which you can take to keep yourself and others protected:
- Do wash your hands on a regular basis, especially if you have been in a public place, or after activities like coughing, sneezing, etc.
- Try to avoid the get in contact with the sick people. In case you are sick, stay at home to avoid the spread to others.
- Avoid coughing into your hands, as it is considered as one of the main areas. Use tissue or handkerchief to cover your cough.
- You may have seen people wearing a mask while roaming around! You should also wear a facemask when you are around other people. Even if you are not sick, you need to wear a facemask if you are taking care of someone who is sick.
- Keep the surface areas as much cleanly as possible. This includes tables, knobs, light switches, toilets, keyboards, phones, etc.
Keep calm if you are sick!
Obviously, there is no need to panic in case you have found yourself a victim of COVID-19.
If you have already recognized the symptoms of Coronavirus, follow some steps to prevent the further spread of the disease
- Try to stay at home and isolate during illness. Restrict all the activities outside your home, except for getting medical care.
- Stay away from others as much as can, be it pets or humans. If you are a victim of COVID-19, avoid contact with your pets & get in touch with a healthcare provider for aid.
- Keep an eye on your symptoms so that you can get the required medical attention before the disease gets worsened. People who are placed under active observation should strictly follow the instructions provided.
It has been strictly advised to be aware of the latest updates and information about the COVID-19 outbreak. It is affecting most of the people worldwide and can act as mild to severe to you! Take care of your health and protect others as well by following the necessary steps.